The many books I have written have generally been in response to publishers’ requests for texts on current issues of topical concern to accountants and auditors, often in connection with the introduction of new law on published accounts, company law, civil and criminal law, financial services, and professional standards. Other of my texts have been written for accountancy students, to assist them with their examination preparation. Understandably, those texts which the passage of time has rendered obsolete are currently out-of-print – but are often still obtainable through Amazon. Please see the Writings section for a selected list of my published books.
PROFESSIONAL PUBLICATIONS AND NATIONAL PRESS
- Regular contributor to “Accountancy” Magazine (Official Monthly Journal of the ICAEW) between 1972 and present.
- Regular contributor on technical issues to student journals (Libra, Double-entry, Certified Students’ Newsletter) while adviser to ACASS, 1972 – 1975
- London Correspondent of “The Chartered Accountant in Australia”, 1974 – 1982
- Regular contributor on corporate and professional affairs and tax reform to “Management Today”, “Vision”, “Finance” and several other management and business journals
- Articles on professional and economic issues in The Times, Financial Times, Guardian
- Consulting Editor “Accountants’ Professional Indemnity Quarterly” (PIQ) (Bowring), 1984 – 1995
- Consulting Editor “True & Fair” (ICAEW Audit Faculty) 1994 – 1998
- Audiotapes for subscribing members of Association of Chartered Certified Accountants as part of their Continuing Professional Developments (CPD) programmes
- Educational Videotapes on accountants’ liability, statistical sampling, budgeting and many other technical topics (Melrose and VideoTeach)
- Workbooks for Video Arts instructional films, featuring John Bird, John Cleese and Ronnie Corbett, on basic costing, depreciation and the need for budgetary discipline in business.